Monday, October 28, 2013

Let's Talk Sex

I have a passionate interest, and haven't really been sure how to start sharing it. I've struggled my whole life with my self image. As God has healed all these broken pieces and revealed who I am in him I feel a huge desire to start talking about it. From that journey and sharing pieces with others I have seen just how many women are struggling with the same junk. The problem for many of them is the same as what mine was, shame. Well, I'm not going to let the devil have me hiding anymore.
If women started talking we would find we all struggle with the same issues and the fear and shame would be gone, healing would come.
We've become numb to the images we see on magazines and TV these days. I recently found myself watching a Katy Perry video online with my daughters. Deep down I felt a little dirty for doing it, but I told Jason what a good message the song had. The words were really good...the images were really bad though. 20 years ago that video wouldn't have been allowed to air, now it is the norm. I had been so desensitized that I justified allowing my little girls to watch it. What the heck am I putting in their heads? I do not want my daughter swinging naked from a wrecking ball in 10 years, or worse I'm sure.
I'm starting a project, not sure if I'll try to write it as a book or just turn it into a series of blogs. I'm going to be digging into women's sexuality. How did we get here? Where did we go off track? What are the roots of our beliefs about ourselves sexually? How do we fix that?
I don't think we can understand any part of that without actually talking about sex and our perceptions of it. We need to start going back and reading the fine print of this junk Satan is selling us. There is a return policy, let's haul this crap back to the slimy salesman that conned us into buying it in the first place.
If you have any suggestion or any experience you'd like to share, PLEASE do! Prayer for this journey for me would be awesome too!

No comments:

Post a Comment